Advent Wreath Banner
July 6, 2012/
This Advent Wreath is an innovative and space saving adaptation of an old tradition. The pattern below makes a banner finished size 60 x 75 cm. If you want to make it even more quickly, substitute the fabrics for poster card and coloured paper.
- Banner background: Dark coloured fabric 60x100cm (eg. twill, felt) hemmed top and bottom (approx 10cm each)
- Dowling rod, 8mm diameter.
- Felt fabric squares in purple, pink, gold, white and two shades of green. Coloured self-adhesive plastic makes a good alternative especially for the lettering.
- 4 self-adhesive Velcro dots.
- Enlarge the candle, leaf, flame and lettering patterns by 5. Carefully trace and cut the shapes on the corresponding colour felt. Click here for the template.
- Arrange the candles, leaves and letters on the background. Carefully glue those parts down.
- Apply Velcro dots to the back of the flames and position the matching dot above each candle. For each Sunday of Advent, ‘light’ the next candle.