Why not host a tea party with an Advent flavour? Serve Gingerbread cookies with Jesse Tree symbols, or draw inspiration from the following ideas:
- Adam’s Apple– cut apples into thin ‘chips’
- Noah’s Ark– remove the flesh of 1/2 a watermelon, fill it with watermelon balls
- Abraham’s Star– use star fruit
- Isaac’s Bundle of Sticks– use pretzel sticks
- Jesse Tea– any kind of tea or iced tea
- Joseph’s Coat– use a stencil to make a coat out of sprinkles on a cookie or cupcake
- Moses’ Burning Bush– broccoli florets with chilli dip
- David’s Crown– cucumber rounds with smoked salmon on top
- Mary’s Heart– heart shaped cookies
What do you think? Do you have any ideas on food and the Jesse Tree symbols? We’d love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!
This activity first featured in the November 2012 edition of the CathFamily e-Magazine.