Sacred Heart Muffins Recipe
July 9, 2012/
Try this simple muffin recipe to celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart with taste.
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- Punnet of Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity non-stick muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add caster sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Combine milk, egg, butter and coffee in a jug. Pour milk mixture into the well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined (don’t over-mix).
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes until three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Place strawberry on top as representation of the sacred heart.
As featured in the July edition of CathFamily E-Magazine. For more articles, prayers and activities, check out: