In the spirit of the Christmastide, here are twelve ways to communicate your devotion to your honey.
- Use a dry erase marker to leave a message on your bathroom mirror.
- Write a love note, roll it up and insert it into a balloon. Decorate the balloon with markers.
- Using a deck of cards (in order), write a 52 word message, one word to a card. Shuffle before presenting to your honey.
- Send a photo text message every day for a week with “I appreciate how you…”
- Write out the words of a love poem on a nice card, spray with your perfume or after shave and post it – old fashioned style!
- Leave mini notes in surprise places, like the tea pot, a coat pocket, the car dash, a coffee cup.
- Serenade your beloved with a romantic love song (lip synch if your singing is wobbly).
- Print a photograph of the two of you, write a love message on it, then cut it up like a jigsaw puzzle and send it to your honey.
- Set your phone alarm to remind you to say a daily prayer of thanks – then send a “I’m thinking about you” text message.
- Write your devotion in the sand on the beach or in chalk on the pavement.
- Make a phone video of you holding up a series of pages with a love message.
- Tattoo’ with a pen “I heart U” in a place only your beloved can find.
For more information and inspiration about how you can make your marriage the best it can be, check out smartloving.org. This article featured in the January 2013 edition of the CathFamily e-Magazine.