In light of the fact that St Mary Mack’s Feast day is in August, that she managed her medication like a pro, and she lived during the height of Teetotalism, a very fitting way of celebrating St Mary’s accomplishments is with a brandy-based cocktail!
The Winter Joey
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 tsp of five spice
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 90 ml of brandy (3 shots)
- Ground nutmeg
- Separate eggs and beat white into stiff peaks.
- Cream egg yolks and fold into egg whites until combined.
- Heat milk and add five spice, brown sugar and brandy. Stir until hot.
- Spoon eggs into mugs and add brandy milk. Stir till combined.
- Garnish with brown sugar caramelized with a blow torch and a little ground nutmeg.
Serve nice and hot on a cold winter’s night.