Mother’s Day Treats
August 7, 2012/
- 300ml cream
- 2 ½ cups of self-raising flour (plain flour + X teas baking powder), sifted
- Pinch of salt
- ½ -1 cup lemonade
- Milk for brushing tops
- Decoration (optional), small heart cookie cutter.
- Jam and whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place baking paper on a baking tray.
- Place cream, flour and salt into a bowl and mix until combined. Gradually add the lemonade and mix until the dough sticks together. Turn out onto a floured board and dust with flour.
- Press the dough into 3 cm thick square. Using a large knife dusted with flour cut the dough into 16 cubes. Round the corners off and arrange in a grid on the baking tray.
- Press the cookie cutter heart into the tops of each scone, brush with milk and bake in very hot oven 10-15mins (tops will brown). Serve hot with jam, cream and tea.
Fresh Mint Tea
There’s nothing quite like pot of tea made with quality tea leaves. A fresh peppermint sprig steeping in a glass tea pot or tall cup looks and tastes wonderful. For regular tea drinkers, add fresh mint to green tea for a more subtle taste.
Decadent Hot Chocolate Shots
- 4 Espresso cups
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped.
- 1 cup of milk
- Flavouring (optional) eg ¼ tsp chilli, cinnamon or orange zest.
- Whipped cream, cocoa powder to serve
- Warm milk, chocolate & chilli/cinnamon/orange zest in a pot until just simmering. Stir regularly.
- Pour into cups. Top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
Author: Francine Pirola
As featured in the May 2011 edition of CathFamily E-Magazine.
Check out more activities and prayers:
Share this story, choose your platform
We love to hear your stories and ideas. Please keep your comments respectful, your suggestions productive and published under your own name. More info here
Leave a Comment