Mother’s Day Treats
- 300ml cream
- 2 ½ cups of self-raising flour (plain flour + X teas baking powder), sifted
- Pinch of salt
- ½ -1 cup lemonade
- Milk for brushing tops
- Decoration (optional), small heart cookie cutter.
- Jam and whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place baking paper on a baking tray.
- Place cream, flour and salt into a bowl and mix until combined. Gradually add the lemonade and mix until the dough sticks together. Turn out onto a floured board and dust with flour.
- Press the dough into 3 cm thick square. Using a large knife dusted with flour cut the dough into 16 cubes. Round the corners off and arrange in a grid on the baking tray.
- Press the cookie cutter heart into the tops of each scone, brush with milk and bake in very hot oven 10-15mins (tops will brown). Serve hot with jam, cream and tea.
Fresh Mint Tea
There’s nothing quite like pot of tea made with quality tea leaves. A fresh peppermint sprig steeping in a glass tea pot or tall cup looks and tastes wonderful. For regular tea drinkers, add fresh mint to green tea for a more subtle taste.
Decadent Hot Chocolate Shots
- 4 Espresso cups
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped.
- 1 cup of milk
- Flavouring (optional) eg ¼ tsp chilli, cinnamon or orange zest.
- Whipped cream, cocoa powder to serve
- Warm milk, chocolate & chilli/cinnamon/orange zest in a pot until just simmering. Stir regularly.
- Pour into cups. Top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.
Author: Francine Pirola
As featured in the May 2011 edition of CathFamily E-Magazine.
Check out more activities and prayers: