- 1 large piece of Fabric 50x70cm. eg. felt
- Scraps in various colours
- Wooden rod or curtain rail ~ 50cm length, 1 cm diameter.
- Glue- Spray adhesive is best
- Permanent markers.
- Cord 80cm
- At the top edge of the fabric make nine cuts 10cm long and 5cm apart to make fringe of ten strips. These will be the ties to attach the banner to the rod.
- At the bottom edge make with cuts 5cm long and 2cm apart. This will be the bottom fringe.
- Using a plate, cut a circle 20cm diameter in a fabric scrap. Using the permanent markers, write ‘in’ on the ‘world’ in chunky letters or cut them out of fabric
- Using the template, cut the people figures out and arrange around the world.
- Cut out the letters for ‘Unity’ and Christ’. Glue everything to the banner. Using two strips, tie them together around the wooden rod. Attach the cord.
- Paper can also be used instead of fabric which can be coloured in.
- Add some glitter and sequins for extra sparkle.
- If you have some design software, draw it up on the computer with the kids and print it out.
- Get some fabric paints and paint the design.
- Draw in your family and friends on the people, or use photographs.
This activity featured in the July 2012 edition of the CathFamily e-Magazine. For more, check out: