World Day for Grandparents
Sunday, 25 July 2021, has been designated by Pope Francis, as the First World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly (Ord Time 17). It coincides with the Feast of Saints Joachim and Anne, grandparents of Jesus, on July 26.
Occurring in the Year of Amoris Laetitia Family 2021-22 with the theme, ‘I am with you always’, the day draws attention to the vital role grandparents and the elderly play in our communities and in the mission of the Church.
CathFamily is pleased to publish a printable handout for parish and school communities wishing to mark this occasion. It may also be distributed electronically.
A range of resources including:
- Printable handouts from the Australian Catholic Marriage & Family Council (multiple years)
- Articles affirming the role of grandparents
- Articles about Sts Joachim and Anne
- Activities and craft suggestions for grandchildren & school students
- Generation: Grand eBook
Diocese of Wollongong
- Printable prayer cards 2021
- Printable poster 2021
- Liturgy Resource – including Liturgy notes, Homily Resources, Prayers of the Faithful, and Final Blessing.
- Pope Francis’ message for First World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly