Rosary Fruit Skewers Recipe
Give traditional fruit skewers a ‘holy’ twist! Praying is not compulsory whilst eating but certainly recommended!
Ingredients for 10:
- Half a Watermelon
- 2 Bananas
- 30 Seedless grapes
- 10 Large Strawberries
- 10 Bamboo skewers
- Cut a 2 cm (3/4”) slab of watermelon. Remove the skin and cut into 5cmx5cm squares. Trim small squares from the corners to make a cross.
- Peel and slice the bananas for the ‘Our Father’ bead.
- Wash and remove the grapes from their stalks. These are the ‘Hail Marys’.
- Wash the strawberries (‘Glory Be’ beads).
- Skewer a strawberry, thread three grapes, a piece of banana and finally the watermelon cross.
Substitue the fruit with cheese, cabanossi and stuffed olives for a savoury snack.
You could also do a special treat version with lollies or if your a baker, cake pop balls.
As Featured in the October 2011 Edition of CathFamliy e-Magazine. For related activites, check out: