Rosary Fruit Skewers Recipe
July 9, 2012/
Give traditional fruit skewers a ‘holy’ twist! Praying is not compulsory whilst eating but certainly recommended!
Ingredients for 10:
- Half a Watermelon
- 2 Bananas
- 30 Seedless grapes
- 10 Large Strawberries
- 10 Bamboo skewers
- Cut a 2 cm (3/4”) slab of watermelon. Remove the skin and cut into 5cmx5cm squares. Trim small squares from the corners to make a cross.
- Peel and slice the bananas for the ‘Our Father’ bead.
- Wash and remove the grapes from their stalks. These are the ‘Hail Marys’.
- Wash the strawberries (‘Glory Be’ beads).
- Skewer a strawberry, thread three grapes, a piece of banana and finally the watermelon cross.
Substitue the fruit with cheese, cabanossi and stuffed olives for a savoury snack.
You could also do a special treat version with lollies or if your a baker, cake pop balls.
As Featured in the October 2011 Edition of CathFamliy e-Magazine. For related activites, check out:
Share this story, choose your platform
We love to hear your stories and ideas. Please keep your comments respectful, your suggestions productive and published under your own name. More info here